Gold Silver Coin Minting Machine
- Why mint gold coins.Gold is a great hedge against inflation. When the world political situation and economic instability, especially in the event of war or economic crisis, all kinds of common investment instruments will be seriously affected, such as stocks, funds, real estate, etc. At this time, gold embodies good hedging properties. At this time, gold embodies good hedging properties. Even in the face of an economic crisis, the price of gold can remain unchanged or even rise steadily, maintaining the value of the asset. That’s why the precious metal is usually made into jewelry, gold bars, and gold coins in the market.Advantages of Gold
(1)Safety: gold is recognized as the best hedge product in the world.(2) liquidity: the gold market 24 hours trading, profit opportunities, trading time relaxed, trading methods convenient, and work time, place does not conflict; allow investors to make many transactions; so can be converted into banknotes at any time.(3) Reverse: when the paper currency fluctuations due to the credit crisis, devaluation, gold will appreciate.(4)Rarity: the stock of gold on earth is limited, but the demand is rising straight up!(5) investment: because of the long-term upward trend of gold, and the gold market can not be manipulated, the risk is small, suitable for medium and long-term investment!
- How to Mint a Fine Gold/Silver Coin:
*Chapter I – Introduction to coins
1.2 Coins Type
*Chapter II – How To Make Shinning Gold/Silver Bullion?
2.1 Step 1: Gold/Silver Vacuum Bullion Casting Machine
2.2 Step 2: Hydraulic logo stamping for bullion
*Chapter III – The Production Process of Coin
3.1 Step 1: Silver/Gold strip casting
3.2 Step 2 .Rolling mill treatment of gold bar surfaces
3.3 Step 3: Obtaining Coin Blank
*Chapter IV – Guide purchase of minting machine
*Chapter V – Conclusion
*Chapter I – Introduction to coins
As a metal currency, gold is not only an important financial asset, but also an effective tool to avoid the risks of economic recession and inflation. Gold’s hedging function is hard to be replaced by other currencies.
In fact, the value of gold and silver commemorative coins mainly depends on the issue price. Why is the denomination of gold and silver commemorative coins often lower than their true value? Because gold and silver commemorative coins are legal tender issued by the people’s Bank of China, they are different from banknotes and coins mainly in circulation. The circulation of gold and silver commemorative coins is the main function of collection and investment, which is different from the circulation currency.
So, whether the denomination of gold and silver commemorative coins is obviously lower than its real value affects investors’ mentality?
The value of gold and silver commemorative coins is generally composed of the following aspects: material value, topic selection value, casting technology and circulation value. Of course, cost consumption and reasonable profit are also important aspects of the value of gold and silver commemorative coins.
Generally speaking, the value of materials is the most important part of the value of gold and silver commemorative coins. The value of topic selection, casting technology and circulation value also account for 25% – 130% of the value-added value of gold and silver commemorative coins
The most traded gold coins on the gold market are: Kruger gold coin of South Africa, British gold silver coin, maple leaf gold coin of Canada, Eagle gold coin of the United States, and golden Peso of Mexico. China’s panda gold coins are also popular in the world.
Some gold coins with special commemorative value are what we refer to as commemorative gold coins. In addition to the value of gold coin, its collection value is also the reason why people like to collect commemorative gold coin. The appreciation of some commemorative gold coins far exceeded that of gold price.
Some limited commemorative gold coins, due to the scarcity in the market, make them have more investment value than gold itself. The price of commemorative gold coin is higher than that of ordinary investment gold coin when it is issued. However, due to its special commemorative value or fine foundry, it will have a larger increase after a period of time. In addition to the appreciation of commemorative value of gold coin itself, the price of gold may also rise. So the collectors of commemorative gold coins get two benefits
Main Types of Coins：
1：fuglin gold coin
Each ounce of fuglin gold coin weighs 1.0909 ounces. In order to strengthen the hard casting of gold coin, brass was added. The fineness of gold was 916.7, or 22K. In order to adapt to the Japanese market, fugreen took the lead in launching gold coins such as half an ounce, a quarter ounce and a tenth of an ounce. Since the 1970s, fuglin gold coin has been popular all over the world, accounting for the majority of the global gold coin market. The difference between fuglin gold coin and other gold coins is that its gold is slightly red, which makes collectors especially fond of it.
2：Canada’s maple leaf gold coin
Maple leaf gold coin in the lowest tide of fuglin gold coin, Canada’s maple leaf gold coin took advantage of the situation and replaced fuglin’s leading position in gold coin. Canadian maple leaf gold coin is made of 999.9 pure gold, so it is also called “Pure Gold Maple Leaf”. It can be cashed as well as the fuglin gold coin.
3：Aussie fortune gold coin
Auspicious gold the quality of Aussie fortune gold coin is also 999.9 pure gold. The Australian government has high expectations for gold coins because of the increasingly advanced gold mining technology in Australia, which can be used to produce gold coins in large quantities.
4：Buffalo gold coin
Buffalo gold coin in 2005, the United States passed the “presidential dollar bill” to authorize the U.S. Treasury Secretary to cast 9999 gold coins, which is the formal birth of the U.S. buffalo gold coin program. It is also the first pure gold coin issued by the state in the history of the United States.
5：The eagle’s gold coin
The eagle’s gold coin was once called “American gold coin”. In 1985, the United States Congress authorized the first batch of Eagle gold coins to be put on the market in the autumn of 1986. The gold content is 22K.
6：China Panda Gold Coin panda gold coin
Panda Gold Coin panda gold coin is the first gold coin launched in China. Its quality is 999. Because of its exquisite design and exquisite casting, it has caused a wide range of collection upsurge. In addition to the traditional one ounce, half ounce, quarter ounce, and one tenth of an ounce, panda gold coins are specially made to meet the needs of the domestic market.
*Chapter II – The Production Process of Gold /Silver Bullion Casting
The traditional method of making gold and silver bullion which has bubbles and the surface is not smooth, so the investor is in desperate need of beautiful, smooth-surfaced, ripple-free bullion.
CDOCAST vacuum gold bar making machine is operated under vacuum conditions. It can also be operated with no flame. Thereby eliminating ripples and further oxidation of your final piece. No loss of precious metals and the bullion without oxidation, no ripple are our promise. This Chapter will help you know more about the bullion casting and logo stamping process.
2.1 Step 1: Bullion casting
Before stamping the logo, you need to cast a gold bar with a shiny surface. With advances in technology, CDOCAST developed vacuum gold ingot casting machines that allow you to obtain a mirror finish gold ingot directly. You just simply place pre-weighed gold/silver pellets or powder in our custom designed graphite molds and place them in the vacuum melting chamber.
Close the melting chamber door, press the start switch, the automatic cycle is released and the casting starts automatically. At the end of the casting cycle, you have gold and silver bars ready for the market.
During the entire casting process, the entire melting and cooling process will take place in a closed chamber, we have designed an automatic program, the Siemens touch screen design makes the whole operation easy and convenient, just a simple opening of the health, the melting chamber can be automatically vacuumed, the vacuum process will be completed automatically within 5 minutes, and inert gases such as argon or nitrogen will automatically complete filling the molten pool, which will prevent the silver or gold oxidation.
The gold and silver nuggets made by our vacuum casting machine have a bright, mirror-like surface, no water ripples, high density and no bubbles, and are well liked by investors.
The features and advantages of the bullion gold bar casting machine:
1. Vacuum atmosphere. After rapid prototyping using full vacuum melting, the surface of the gold bar is smooth, non-porous and almost negligible, with a mirror effect.
2. Adopt PLC control. Using fully automatic control, it can achieve more operations than ordinary workers, greatly saving production costs, and it is an indispensable machine for major precious metal refineries.
3. With alarm system. Any problems such as over-voltage, over-current, water shortage, etc. can be easily detected and an alarm notification will be issued.
4. High efficiency and energy saving, higher power factor and higher power efficiency.
5. Strong environmental protection. There is no smoke during the route. The machine adopts the latest green environmental protection technology in the gold bar industry.
6. 100% full load, continuous work for 24 hours.
7. The flexible working mode of constant output voltage or constant current/constant power solves the phenomenon of shrinkage, water wave, oxidation, and unevenness.
Instructions for manual operation of the bullion casting machine:
1. First, push the (automatic, manual) button to manual mode.
2. Load the product into graphite mold and put it into the cooling plate, the mold can be customized based on customer’s need, for the size or the shape.
3. After closing the working cylinder cover, press the “Close the lid” button, then press the “cooling plate fall” button to descend to the heating area, press the “vacuumizing” button to start vacuum about (3-4 minutes)，at the same time press “heating open” button, start heating. Power is usually adjusted to the maximum.
4. After heating for about 7-8 minutes, press the “cooling plate rising” button, the cooling plate will automatically rise to the lower part of the graphite mold to cool, at the same time, press the “shielding gas” button to add protective gas.
5. After finishing cooling, press the “Exhaust” button, open the cylinder cover and take out the graphite mould.
Instructions for automatic operation of the bullion casting machine:
1. Adjust the parameters of vacuum time, heating time, cooling time and alarm time.
2. First, push the (automatic, manual) button to automatic mode.
3. Load the product into graphite mold and put it into the cooling plate. The mold can be customized based on customer’s need, for the size or the shape.
4. Close the cylinder cover and press the “Automatic start” button, automatic mode startup.
5. When the setting time is complete, the machine alarm will automatically remind.
6. Open the cylinder cover and take out the graphite mold.
The end product:
The bullion comes out finally will be smooth, lustrous, with mirror effect. If you pursue perfect condition, you can use the the polish machine to make it more shiny. Then you can prepare to stamp the logo or the pattern you want on the bullion.
2.2 Step 2: Hydraulic logo stamping
To do a bullion logo stamping, you must need a hydraulic press machine.
CDOCAST hydraulic press machine is technically designed to match the complete gold ingot production line. Through the hydraulic pump as the power source, the stamping is completed by the force of the pump. It can be used for different size of bullion with the mould which would be customized based on customer’s requirement.
Instruction for operation:
1. Start the machine
2. Put the bullion inside the opened cubicle
3. Put the customized mold on the bullion
4. Swing beside device and press the logo
5. The gold is soft, but you may still need dozens or hundreds of tons of presses to stamp the wanted pattern and logo. To make the best solution, we still need to know some information from your side.
1:The raw material you are using is pure gold or fake gold material. The purity of the gold… may affect the quality of the final product.
2：The shape of the bars you want to cast. We can customize the mold according to your requirements.
3：The design or logo you want to project. You can provide us with 3D engineering drawings so that we can determine the number of hydraulic presses best suited for your press.
*Chapter III – The Production Process of Coin
This chapter will introduce you the whole process of the coin minting production, from melting raw material to embossing the gold coin. The end product can be sold in the market directly.
Silver coins are usually made of pure silver with purity of 99.9%, and 92.5% and 90% are the most widely used in the world. Gold coins are usually made of 99.99%, 99.9% gold and silver or gold copper alloy.
3.1 Coin casting:
As a professional and experienced silver/gold coin-minting line supplier, CDOCAST can meet all requirements of the buyer for coin minting, such as shape, thickness, pattern and so on.
In this process, the production will be divided into three processes. We will make the raw materials into the bars at first, and then roll them to the thickness we need. Last, punch.
Step 1: Silver/Gold strip casting
Unlike gold bar casting, the production process of gold coins is more complicated and requires more equipment
In this step, we will use continuous casting machines to produce gold/silver strips as needed. For example, if we want to cast a coin with a diameter of 60 mm and a thickness of 5 mm, we first need to cast a 60 mm wide and 6 mm thick gold bar (considering the thickness of the rolling mill is reduced to 1 mm).
Next we will introduce the use of continuous casting machine
Put the gold or silver into the graphite crucible of the continuous casting machine, the metal is melted in the crucible, and then cast the required specifications of gold/silver strip on the assembly line.
CDOCAST continuous casting machine is suitable for casting gold, gold, silver and copper. Mainly adopt the principle of intermediate frequency induction heating, our equipment technology is at the international leading level, fully automatic control (no manual). The operation is simple and the protection function is perfect to prevent misoperation. Full-time gas (argon, nitrogen) protection. Reduce loss, PID intelligent temperature control.
This machine adopts high temperature circulating cooling drawing design, and there also comes with induction stirring device inside to keep the percentage of all metals unchanged. This machine can produce precious metals with special shapes according to different molds, such as gold, K gold, silver sheet drawing, tube drawing, wire drawing, etc. Each set of continuous casting machine is equipped with hydraulic shears
The features and advantages of the continuous casting machine:
1. The heating system with graphite crucible and induction technology can ensure 24-hour continuous operation to meet the production requirements of different customers
2. Graphite mold design can be customized according to the shape type to meet the casting requirements of various shapes
3. High production efficiency, can produce different shapes and sizes of alloy or semi-finished products in the shortest time.
4. Siemens control system can guarantee the quality of our jewelry casting machine
5. The whole process will be carried out under the complete inert gas protection of the crucible and mold system, of course, the vacuum design can also be used
6. With hydraulic shear, it is very convenient to cut large plate
Step 2: Rolling mill treatment of gold bar surfaces to obtain the required thickness and brightness
In this step, the silver/gold bars will be repeatedly pressed through the rolling mill. The high hardness coils of the rolling machine will press the 24K gold into flat, even, all-gold bars. Each roll results in a wider, finer and denser gold bar until it reaches the desired thickness of the coin, laying the foundation for subsequent processing. We can anneal the metal to increase ductility and smooth the press. For solid gold or silver, an annealing furnace is used if desired, but in the case of karat gold, for example, we recommend an annealing furnace to soften it for better pressing.
The intelligent system can be parameterized to adjust the thickness of the sheet metal and squeeze it by means of a hard and incredibly hard roller. A roll force control unit is installed, and the left and right rollers automatically balance the roll, allowing for free expansion and retraction and excellent unwinding.
Problems in the operation of tablet press:
Do not adjust the pressure joint too tightly once, otherwise it may cause damage to the machine. In particular, it should be noted that the counter roll of the electric tablet press rotates rapidly. When inserting the metal parts into the tablet press with your hands, let it go as quickly as possible to avoid crushing the handle of the counter roll.
Step 3: Obtaining the coin blank
The process is to form the shape of the coin by means of a hydraulic punching machine. The coins sold on the market are usually round. However, if you want other shapes, the CDOCAST hydraulic perforator can also do it. This step is very important because if the coins are not perfectly shaped and cannot be sold on the market, they may be considered counterfeit or defective merchandise.
The CDOCAST hydraulic punching machine is composed of a four-column body, cylinders, hydraulic system, limit device and electronic control system.
The body is a four-column structure, simple and compact, easy to observe.
2, the main cylinder is a piston cylinder, the working principle is that the cylinder fast oil inlet can achieve the rapid downward movement of the cross beam.
3. The hydraulic system is controlled by slide valve to achieve the cyclic action required for the process.
4. The electrical system adopts relay control to realize the process action cycle of the machine according to the requirements of the hydraulic system.
Last but not least, in order to ensure the minimum burr and edge of the blank and avoid any pollution and scratch, annealing and polishing are carried out immediately. But be careful not to polish too much, which may make the coin lose its mirror effect.
Step 4: Embossing
The meaning of embossing is to press the die of a coin on the press to punch the obverse and reverse patterns of the coin on the blank. After this step, the unique coins come out and can be sold to the market.
CDOCAST hydraulic logo marking machine is equipped with the following electrical protection device, so the operation will be safe:
1. Short circuit protection of main circuit and control circuit is realized by fuse.
2. Overload protection of motor is realized by thermal relay.
3. This machine is equipped with “emergency stop” button SB1 to realize emergency stop.
4. The machine has been installed with photoelectric protection device to ensure the safety of the operator.
5. The machine is equipped with a special grounding device for the electrical box.
Additionally, mold design is a unique and important link in the coinage process. After strict examination and approval of the subject matter, patterns, through the sophisticated and exquisite carving of the mint, combined with the use of modern precision equipment, the design intent is expressed in the mold. In order to highlight the visual effect, the main relief of the depression has a fine frost surface, and the higher places need to be ground into a mirror surface.
In order to maintain the original color of the coins within a certain period of time, the surface of each coin must be protected. At the same time, it should be placed in a plastic box, sealed with a plastic film, and then put into a specially designed packaging box, and all the finished products should be subject to strict inspection.
*Chapter IV – Guide purchase of minting machine
If you want to mint high-quality coins, purchasing good Gold Silver Coin Minting Machine is very significant. The following machines are essential for you to make good coins:
1. Jewelry Continuous Casting Machine/ Vacuum Bullion Casting Machine
2. Rolling Mill
3. Annealing Furnace
4. Hydraulic Punch Machine
5. Hydraulic Press Machine
When selecting the equipment or machine for gold silver coin minting, it is necessary to identify whether the equipment has the following functions:
1. Does the machine provide gas (vacuum) protection?
A good gold coin has a glossy surface. In the manufacturing process, it needs to provide a vacuum environment to prevent oxidation and shrinkage. Otherwise there will be rust layer on the surface, affecting sales and causing great loss. Therefore, gas protection is very essential. The jewelry continuous casting machine / vacuum bull casting machine sold by CDOCAST are all vacuum protected, and the gold bars produced have mirror effect.
2. Is the coin minting line automatic?
With the development of technology, high efficiency and intelligent operation are pursued by every manufacturers. Additionally, it can help reduce the labor. 1-2 workers is enough for the whole coin minting line. Press the button to start the machine and it will be produce the goods as you want. If you want full automatic line, CDOCAST can also offer you with the manipulator. More details, please contact us.
3. Is your gold coin making machine compatible with other equipment?
Most of the coin making machines are used alone. They need to be collaborated with other devices to complete the work. Therefore, it is important that the equipment you purchase can work smoothly with other types of equipment.
4. Is coin minting line environmentally friendly?
The issue of environment protection is always a focus in our current world, and will be a long-term problem existing in future. In some countries, the requirements for environmental protection are strictly and clearly stipulated. So you have to focus on whether the machine will produce waste gas and waste water, which will pollute the air, soil, water and so on.
5. Will the equipment supplier provide instructions or video guide?
You may be in contact with the production line for the first time, and you are not familiar with the operation and production process of the new line. A manual or the guidance of an experienced person will help you quickly get familiar with the whole process and operation soon , improving efficiency and avoiding mistakes. Additionally, the instructions needs to mention the maintenance methods and troubleshooting to help you maintain your own machine better.
6. Whether the manufacturer can provide satisfactory after-sales service?
Normally, the manufacturer will provide a one-year warranty period. In case of non-human damage, if there is mechanical failure, you can return the machine for repair or replace the parts for free. For brand new machines, there may be few problems. But some gold coin manufacturers will buy second-hand machines considering the cost, there’s gonna be a lot of glitches. So don’t consider the manufacturer that the warranty is less than one year or even not provided, CDOCAST will offer 2-year warranty.